About Crowdfund Capital Advisors
Crowdfund Capital Advisors (CCA) delivers strategic insights to government agencies, financial institutions, and professional investors seeking to both create and implement innovative strategies to utilize crowdfund investing (CFI) technologies to drive innovation, job creation and entrepreneurship. They also study and invest in the emerging ecosystem of crowdfunding and the new solutions being created that will impact the broader private capital markets. The social web has changed the way individuals businesses, and governments organize and communicate and transact business. We are passionate about creating innovation, entrepreneurship and jobs through the use of crowdfunding. CCA delivers strategic services and implementation programs that create, proprietary deal flow for professional investors, better access to capital for businesses, and policy and regulatory innovation for governments.
CCA co-founders and Managing Partners Sherwood Neiss and Jason Best created the original Startup Exemption regulatory framework that became crowdfunding language in the JOBS Act. They then started a grass roots, self-funded campaign to make one of the largest changes to securities regulations in 80 years. Their 460-day campaign concluded April 5th 2012 when they attended the White House Rose Garden ceremony where President Obama signed the JOBS Act into law.
Since then, the CCA team has grown to include new Partners and Associates. The team now delivers their expertise, access and relationships to provide advisory services that drive business results to clients and build the global crowdfunding industry:
- Serve as advisors to financial, governmental and development institutions including:
- Top 25 multi-national bank (operations in 35 countries) - Provide global C-Suite with individual executive briefings on crowdfunding, and deliver due diligence services
- World Bank – creation of strategic models and implementation programs for crowdfunding in developingDeveloped scalable crowdfunding educational / capacity building programs for investors and entrepreneurs for developing economies
- Inter-American Development Bank: deliver policy and regulatory and implementation programs to support the legalization and launch crowdfunding in a targeted Latin American country.
- Malaysian Securities Commission – delivered policy, regulatory, and educational programs to launch equity crowdfunding in
- Serve as Advisors in 11 companies in the global crowdfunding industry. Example engagements include:
- Delivered international expansion strategy for US-based equity crowdfunding platform
- Leveraged industry relationships to save months of BD time to launch a new crowdfunding ecosystem service company
- Provided thought leadership to national decision makers in support of industry development
- Created go-to-market strategy for two different companies that will serve the crowdfunding ecosystem
- Testified 5 times in the US Senate and US House on crowdfunding issues
- Conducted US State Department Missions to 12 countries to deliver business and policy strategy for the creation of crowdfunding through meetings with the government, investor, entrepreneur, media and academic sectors in each country. This establishes us as thought leaders in these markets/regions.
- In over 25 countries, CCA has delivered strategy and implementation thought leadership on crowdfunding/early stage finance initiatives to deliver jobs, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Co-Founders of the UC Berkeley Research Program on Innovation in Entrepreneurial and Social Finance that co-host the annual Global Academic and Policy Symposium on Crowdfunding
- Entrepreneurs-in-Residence at UC Berkeley’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology
- Co-Founders of crowdfunding industry trade groups in US, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Latin America – this provides us with unique access to the global ecosystem
- Speaking engagements at numerous events including: The White House, SXSW, TEDx, Aspen Institute, World Economic Forum, Mexico Ministry of Economy, World Bank, US State Dept. Rockefeller Foundation, Malaysian Securities Commission, Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Media appearances/coverage include: CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg, BBC, MSNBC, CCTV, WSJ, Forbes, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Venture Beat, Tech Crunch, Politico, Inc., Fortune
Example CCA Research and Publications Include:
- World Bank’s Potential for Crowdfunding in the Developing World
- How does crowdfunding impact company revenue, job creation and professional investment
For more information:
- Follow us on Twitter: Sherwood Neiss: @WoodieN @CrowdCapAdvisor
- LinkedIn: Jason Best Sherwood Neiss